Monday, June 8, 2009

In floor heating tubes installed, May 9 2009

Here is the basement floor we prepared today. We laid out the e-foil on the floor, then covered it with 4" X 8" sheets of re-mesh. (Steel grid) We wired the sheets of re-mesh together, then we ran the 5 heating zones and tied the plastic pipes to the re-mesh with cable ties every two feet. I hooked each zone to the manifolds as we laid them out. Once this was all done, we used my air compressor and put 90 pounds of pressure into the system. I will check it tomorrow to make sure it holds pressure. We will keep pressure on the system while we pour the basement floor. The plan is to pour the floor and the retaining walls on Monday, strip the retaining walls on Tuesday, and then backfill the foundation. My cousin wants to get the excavator off our property for other jobs, so we will probably put in the septic tank and drain fields next week also. After this, I will hire someone to help me frame up the daylight wall, install the main beam and the floor joists, and deck the main floor.
Then I can start putting logs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment