Monday, June 8, 2009

Update, May 5 2009

A Quick Update
We finished roughing in the plumbing in the basement floor on Saturday. I hired a plumber as a consultant to show me how to do it. In Montana, if I do the work myself, I don't need a permit, and there are no required inspections. (The consultant is a certified plumber so it is all completed pre code. (Dimensions, clearances, pressure tested, venting, etc.) This week we poured the footings for the retaining walls on both ends of the daylight basement, and footings,pads where the roof logs will be supported. We also poured footings in one corner of the basement where the chimney will go. We built the forms for the retaining walls today.
I cleaned up the brick ledge on the top of both long walls. This is where the floor joists (TGIs) will sit. The next steps, which I will be doing myself, are to lay e-foil in for the basement floor, then lay in 4' by 8' sheets of steel remesh. I will then attach the PEX (under floor heating tubes) to the remesh with tie wraps every 2 feet. I have 5 zones with 250 feet per zone. Then I will install the manifolds (which I assembled and soldered up last week) to the basement walls, hook up the tubing and pressure test the system before we pour the floor, and continue the pressure test while the floor is being poured. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. I am hoping to get the floor poured this week if possible, so I can start framing in the daylight wall, and install the main beam, the floor joists and the first floor decking. I would like to start putting logs on the walls before the 25th of this month.
No pictures this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment