Monday, June 8, 2009

First Logs. June 1 2009


These are the first 8 logs on property. Myles and I cut 12 logs on Saturday and hauled 8 of them on Sunday. We hit a snag while we were dragging them out of the woods. I buried the tractor up to the axles in mud. Red Wrecker pulled us out with a one ton truck using the towing winch. He lifted the front end of the truck completely off the ground several times in the process!
I have to get one more load of smaller logs to use in building the peeling racks before I can start installing logs.

I have to get extensions for the anchor bolts coming out of the poured walls so they pass completely through the sill logs to properly bolt them to the top of the walls.

I finished up the house wiring at the cut off box by the house, and in the main panel in the basement today. I wired in a circuit for a GFCI outlet by the main panel, and one in the ceiling of the mechanical room, then I hung a 48 inch florescent light in the mechanical room for temporary lighting. All I have left to do to get electricity to the house is hook it up at the meter. It was raining today, so I'll finish this in the morning. No more 200 feet of extension cords!

I started installing the pressure tank for the water, and found out I was missing some important parts. I picked them up today, and I will finish installing the system and wiring it to the main breaker panel in the morning. We will have running water tomorrow. I'll run the water from the frost free faucet at the well casing for an hour to flush out the system. The next step is to install the water heater and assemble the manifolds for the cold water and the hot water, and mount them to the wall. All waterlines, hot and cold, will run directly from the hot or cold manifold.

No comments:

Post a Comment