Monday, October 5, 2015

June 8, 2015 Insulation and wall boards


I started installing the 1" by 6" tongue and groove lodgepole pine boards on the walls in the loft. I am installing the boards on the two major walls at a 45 degree angle, and on the rest of the walls they will be installed parallel with the floor. I thought this would have a more interesting look.




   We have been installing batting insulation in the walls and ceiling of the two loft bedrooms and the bathroom. I have them insulated as if they were a house with R19 in the walls and R38 in the ceilings. If I don't want to heat the rooms, I can close the doors and very little heat will get through the walls. There will be a baseboard heater controlled by a thermostat in each room so these rooms will never be dependent on any other source of heat to be comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment