Monday, October 5, 2015

June 2, 2015 Installed foam insulation in the house and garage



   Today we started blowing the insulation into the ceiling and end gables of the house and garage. We also blew foam into the south facing framed wall in the basement. I contracted for 2 inches in all areas, which is equal to R14 insulating value. I was helping the contractor put plastic on all exposed surfaces that we did not want to get foam overspray. He sprayed 4 to 5 inches of foam into all end gables and walls as payment for my help, which brought the R value to 28 - 35. This has made a huge difference in the insulation effectiveness. After I installed the batting in the ceilings, which added another R factor of 38, I could open the windows and shades in the house at night, close them in the morning, and work in the loft all day and the temperature stayed comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment