Saturday, August 12, 2017

2017 Plumbing - Pex water supply


   As I have stated on prior posts, I ran all the water sources off of the two water manifolds, blue lines are cold, red lines are...  OK! With few exceptions, every line coming off the manifold supplies only one need. Example, the loft shower has a hot water line and a cold water line, each coming off the manifolds for that purpose only. Flush a toilet while someone is taking a shower, no change in pressure. The exceptions: I ran out of positions on the manifolds, so two toilets share a cold water line, one toilet shares a line with a sink line, etc. No shower or tub lines are shared. All T's in the system for the shared lines are located in the mechanical, none are in the walls.

   I also made sure that every water line I installed is sloping down. When I close the house up for the winter, they will all gravity drain to the mechanical room to prevent frozen lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment