Saturday, August 12, 2017

2017 Planning and building walls



The first project in the house was planning out the walls for the master bedroom, bathroom, and half bath on the main floor. I laid out boards on the floor to get the feel of the dimensions of the rooms and hallways before I started building the walls. I also planned the area for the washer and dryer and the kitchen stove, and installed electrical boxes and the water/waste box for the washing machine.


I planned out the master bath shower/tub area so the shower is in the front and the bath tub is at the rear of the area. I was hesitant to complete the shower pans because I had never done one.



This is the half bath on the main floor. Once all the walls were up, I installed all the outlet boxes for electrical outlets, switches, smoke detectors and thermostats. The wiring would not be started until all the plumbing drains, vents and water lines are installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment