Saturday, August 12, 2017

2017 Plumbing, drainage and venting


This is the mechanical room in the basement. In addition to installing drains and venting for each drain in the rest of the house, I installed venting for the basement toilet, shower and vanity sink.


This is the P trap for the main floor bathtub top right of photo.


This is the main drain system running through the ceiling of the basement bathroom. When everything is complete on the main floor, I will install a drop ceiling in this bathroom and insulate it to conceil the plumbing.

This is the main vent stack that goes through the roof. I was worried about the positioning of this vent as I had not planned it out very well during roof construction. Lack of experience? It turned out to be in the perfect spot. It took less than an hour to drill the hole, install the pipe, and finish off the roof flashing. I did paint the exposed 3 inch pipe a deep green to somewhat match the shingle color.

No comments:

Post a Comment