Saturday, August 14, 2010




Today we finished shingling the east side of the house. The west side is now about 50% completed. It will take about 4 more hours to finish the shingling completely. Tony was staining the interior logs today. He finished the main beam and all the loft logs on the main floor. I'm having problems with my roofing crew so I may end up completing the roof by myself.


When I planned the garage slab, I did not remember that the sill logs should be at least 18" above ground level to protect the logs from water splashing and causing decay. Yesterday we poured a 20" wall around the garage, leaving the openings for the two garage doors and the side access door. I have 14 logs peeled for the garage right now, but I will not start putting the logs on the wall until next year.

2 comments:

  1. Doug:

    The house looks great. The three dormers that you added really give the place character. Kid's schedules were complicated this year, but I will come out next year with or without them to help on the garage and the interior.

    Best,

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joel! I look forward to your help. Take care, Doug

    ReplyDelete