Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garage Progress - July 27, 2012

    I have completed all of the garage I can for 2012. I am down to two logs left and they are different sizes so I cannot match them to the walls. One of the first things I will do in 2013 will be to cut more logs, haul them in and peel them. I plan to finish the garage next year, then begin working on the interior of the house.

    I had to do quite a bit of caulking to seal cracks on the garage logs. I feel the cracks were due to the logs laying out in the elements for two years. Even with the logs stained, there were more cracks than I saw in the house logs. This will be cured when I cut fresh logs next year.


    This picture just shows the garage in relation to the house. You can see the two logs I have left in the foreground.


No comments:

Post a Comment