Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Erosion Control - July 30, 2012

    Yesterday I took a good look at the condition of the culvert at the end of the driveway. last year I had to shovel out a lot of silt that was threatening to plug the culvert. I put piles of small rocks in the ditch on the side of the driveway to stop the silt from coming down to the culvert. Not so good!

    It appears there is still a small amount of flow going through the culvert, so I shoveled some more silt out, hauled a load of larger rocks from Melrose, and built a series of about 18 rock dams in the driveway ditch. Hopefully, this will stop the majority of the silt from coming down the ditch, and allow the cleaner water to wash out the culvert. If it is not washed out by next spring, I will get my cousin and his backhoe, and we will completely redo the culvert setup.


No comments:

Post a Comment