Thursday, June 21, 2012

Railing Progress - June 21, 2012



    This morning I peeled the remaining four rails that I cut last night. I also peeled and stained the last 46 spindles. Once they were dry, I assembled and installed the 13th section of railing. Tomorrow I will complete the last two sections, then I'll start on the garage.

    I'll have to put together a list of what I need to get. I'll need about 110 feet of treated 2 X 8s for the sill plate. The wall logs will rest on them. I'll need more sill seal to go between the sill plate and the 2 foot cement wall. I'll need treaded rod, connector nuts and sill plate washers to bolt down the first round of logs.

    Splitting the first log in half and getting the first round of logs on the wall will be time consuming, then the job should go much faster. Before I know it I'll be back in the mountains cutting more logs!

No comments:

Post a Comment