Thursday, June 21, 2012

Railing Progress - June 20. 2012


    On Wednesday I finished the 12th section of railing. I ran out of peeled and stained spindles, and I still needed four rails to finish the last two sections. I decided it was time to head for the mountains and get the rest of the rails. I decided I needed to be more critical when I chose the trees to cut down. One rail was so crooked (I had already peeled it) that I tossed it aside. When I was picking the trees to cut this time, I was just about laying on the ground looking up the trunk to see how straight they were. This worked great. I cut 6 trees and cut them into 10 foot lengths so I came out with 12 good straight rails. I have enough for the loft. Coming out of the mountains was very interesting!


     I saw four bull elk crossing the road in front of me before I had even traveled three quarters of a mile. (It is eight miles of dirt road to get back out) About two miles later I spotted the bull elk in the picture below. He watched me as I sat watching him for a couple of minutes, then he took off up the side of the road. There was another bull with him. About a mile and a half before I hit the tar road again, three cow elk crossed the road in front of me. The ride was better than going through Yellowstone park!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment