Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Peeling and Staining Spindles. June 13, 2012


    Between yesterday and today I peeled and stained 168 spindles. (There are 92 completed spindles lined up on the logs in the picture) With the 45 I completed earlier, I'll need at least another 41 to complete the deck railing. The 2 X 4's mounted on a piece of OSB you see in front of the spindles is a rack I built to hold the spindles while I peeled them. The ground underneath the rack looks like a big bird's nest with all the wood shavings spread around my work area.

    I had to go into Butte today to get weed spray. The weeds are in bloom around the building site and on the side of the driveway. If I don't spray them soon, I will have a bumper crop next year!

    Tomorrow I plan to spray the weeds first thing in the morning if the wind is not to strong, then I will begin building more railing sections and mounting them to the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment