Monday, July 18, 2011

Decking progress July 18, 2011

Here is the completed east side deck. I finished this before I went into the mountains on the 15th. I started the front deck on the afternoon of the 17th. It looked like I would run out of 2 X 6's. I pulled the extra 16 ft 2 X 6's from the loft that were left over from last year. I purchased 18 more 12 ft 2 X 6's this morning. This should complete the decking.

As I was putting down the decking today I realized I was going to run out of deck screws again. I will need to purchase at least 8 more pounds of screws in the morning if I want to complete the decking tomorrow.

The front deck is coming along very well. Once we are done with the decking, I will install the light cans over the deck and then install the soffits over the deck on both sides.

I should have enough tongue and groove (T&G) boards to complete the soffits. About a third of the T&G I have on hand have been stained and are ready to be installed. Other than a slight problem with the east side TGI's, the soffits should go very fast.

I still have not made up my mind on the color of the siding for the end gables and the dormers. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment