Sunday, July 10, 2011

Deck in progress july 10, 2011

Here is the deck after the second day of installation. I went into the mountains today on dirt bikes with my cousin so I did not start work until 5 PM. I have a little over 50% of the decking completed on this (east) side. I have lost my hired help for the next three days so I will start the west side tomorrow. Scribing around the logs is the most time consuming so I will get this completed before Jimmy returns on Thursday.

Jimmy has been doing an excellent job cutting the deck boards to length, routing the ends and staining them. When he comes back I will be training him to screw the deck boards down. I found out today that I can easily cut the boards to length using my portable circle saw, which will eliminate a lot of extra handling of the boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment