Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update, June 25, 2009

Today, I finished peeling the first sill log, and partially completed the second one. In between, I dug in a post by the garage, and mounted and wired in an outdoor electrical panel. I installed two GFI protected outlets below the panel using steel conduit, and wired each to it's own 20 amp circuit breaker in the panel. We were rained out about 3:00 PM, so I drove to Dillon, MT and picked up the 100 amp circuit breaker for the garage. Tomorrow I will finish the wiring at the meter box so we have electricity at the garage. At this point, all outside electrical wiring will be complete.

I had Latin Carpenter helping me today. He peeled some of the second log, and he spent about three hours sealing the seams in the floor decking on the house. I am trying to control the water that comes through the decking when it rains.

I picked up the last coupler nuts from Quality Hardware today. I had to special order them last week as they rarely sell this many at one time. The only other thing I need before I lay the first log is the sealer I will spray on the bottom surface for protection. This I will pick up tomorrow afternoon. 

2 comments: