Saturday, October 10, 2020

September, 2020 - Finishing Touches


This will be the final entry on this Blog. The house and garage are now completed. I took this picture on one of the last nights I was there this year. I turned on as many lights as I could to see what it looked like at night.

In the last few days, I had some stone brought in, and some road mix. The stone was spread out around the perimeter of the house over some existing stone that had spread out some in the last 9 years. The road mix was spread around the garage, in front of the house, and on the circular driveway around the house.

This year I completely satined or clear coated the entire exteriors of the house and the garage, as well as the handrails on the house deck. This included all exterior window and door trim. Prior to staining, all logs and joints were checked for cracks and caulked accordingly. 

I want to thank my wife, Betsy Freedland for putting up with me the last 12 building seasons. I may have been in Montana working hard on this project, but she was at home alone taking care of everything there on her own. This included a move from New Hampshire to St Louis.

I also want to thank my cousin, Jim Hendrickson of High Country Concrete, for all the help, advice, council, etc. during the entire building process. Without his help, I would still be building, possibly for years to come.

People ask me, "How many of these homes have you built?" I say one and done!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment