Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 16 and 18, 2013 Garage doors and framing.


   On August 16th I had Copper City Door install the garage doors, and I started framing out the end gables. The garage door motors are side mounts, which makes for a much cleaner installation. 

   I ran out of 2 X 6s today, the 18th. I will pick up another load in Butte tomorrow.
I purchased all the windows on the 6th, and you can see in this picture that two windows in the loft are just about framed in. I don't like the size of the windows. I feel they are too big for the space they are going in.  I framed them out for 4 ft X 4 ft windows. I will see if I can get 3 ft X 3 ft windows tomorrow. 

   Before I frame out the windows in the log walls, I have to chainsaw a groove on each side 1/4" wide X 2" deep, X 31" long. I will drive in a steel bar that is 1/4" X 2" X 30" long. This will prevent any movement of the logs. I will install longer bars at the small walk in door. My goal is to have all windows and doors installed by the end of this week.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment