Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All house soffits complete August 24, 2011

Today we finished the last of the soffits on the house. This is the west side of the house. No more places for birds to roost over the deck. I hired a temp guy today and installation went a lot smoother. It was less work to move scaffolding and much easier handling of the 16' boards. I actually had more than enough boards to finish. The rest will be used for the garage.

Tomorrow morning I will begin installing the trim on the dormers preparing for the siding, which I will pick up tomorrow afternoon. My cousin Jim delivered the first 10 yards of 2" stone to go under the deck and the deck eaves. We planned out where the deck step pads and sidewalk will go, and the placement of the culvert that will handle all the water runoff from the west side of the roof. No more erosion!

No comments:

Post a Comment