Friday, July 1, 2011

Installed soffits on end gables July 1, 2011

I started installing the soffits on the end gables yesterday and finished them up today. Tomorrow I will install the soffits on the dormers. Once the dormer soffits are completed, I will frame out the windows with 2 inch rough cut cedar and the house will be ready for the siding, which I plan to order next week.

I also have to order a bunk of tongue and groove boards to finish the soffits on the sides of the house. These will be stained before I install them. I have 8 angled can lights to install over the covered decks on both sides of the house (4 per side) before I install the soffits. These will be installed and wired next week.

I finished framing out the end of the deck on both sides of the house and installed the last backer blocks at the deck support posts earlier this week. All the 2" by 6" deck planks have been stained. Everything is in place and I am ready to install the deck planking.

No comments:

Post a Comment