Friday, October 2, 2009

10th Round completed October 2, 2009

I have the 10th round of logs on the walls. I now have full logs above all windows and doors. This really made the short walls solid. I was able to remove all interior braces from the short walls. I am now going to put a temporary roof on the house and head home for the winter. I will also saw cut all doors and windows to their final dimensions, and frame them in with 2X8's, then sheet them over with plywood for the winter.
Most of the exterior log walls have been stained. Weather permitting, we will finish staining the rest of the logs on the outside of the house, the rest of the deck support poles, the window and door frames, and the outer deck rim board in the next week or so. I would also like to get the interior walls stained before winter. We can always get a heater inside the house after the temporary roof is installed to get it warm enough to stain the interior.
We were going to seal between all log seams before winter set in with Log Jam, but when I add a log to the wall, there is some compression, which affects the appearance of the Log Jam seam. We will do all Log Jam installation after the final roof system is completed next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment