Thursday, September 24, 2009

Deck frame completed September 24, 2009

I completed the deck framing today. I still have to put the outer rim board on and lag both layers to the deck support logs, which I will do tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will also lay down 16 sheets of 4' X 8' OSB around the entire inside perimeter of the deck about 8 inches from the log walls as temporary decking. This gives me a platform to work from. When the majority of the work on the house is completed, I will install 2" X 6" decking to the entire deck.  


Tony Stockdale is doing all the staining on the entire deck system. He will finish the deck frame tomorrow; he will start on the support logs on Monday. When he has this completed, he will start on the logs. He will then run a bead of sealer in the seams where the logs come together on the inside of the house, as well as the outside. I have enough logs on site now to finish the walls. I will begin peeling the logs for the 10th round no later than Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment