Monday, July 27, 2009

Second round of log completed July 27, 2009






I finished the second round of logs today. All electrical outlet holes have been drilled. When I start doing the actual wiring, I will have to enlarge the holes I drilled so they will accept the receptacles. For the rest of the wall logs I just need to peel the logs, cut them to length, scribe them, cut the notches and groves, and install them with insulation. Right now the walls are 16 inches high. There will be one more round of logs the same lengths you see here, then I will start the windows in the great room, south bedroom wall and the dining room. Once I start the windows, I will use shorter logs. This should speed up the process. The east side bedroom, bathroom, utility room and kitchen windows will start with the 5th round of logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment